Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Keeping Up With The Jones


living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Last month Croft and Norma redid their bathroom and now they have new bamboo flooring in their house. Really nice job on both.

We're waiting for the go ahead from the insurance company on the repairs and remodeling of the bedrooms that suffered some minor damage from Hurricane Alex. In the meantime, I went to Home Depot here in Monterrey. I go there at least once a week to walk around and pick up something we need like chemicals for the pool, light bulbs, etc.

I saw some bathroom vanities on sale and I thought about Croft's Mexico remodel. I also thought at the moment that we have had the same toilet and pedestal sink for over 10 years. In fact, I don't think we purchased a new toilet when we moved in, just changed out the sink. It had a crappy cabinet and a marred vanity top.

So we decided to go for it. I have wanted one of those one-piece low profile toilets with water saver for a long time. Being a boondocker, well I won't go there now. They had a real deal except for the vanity was not quite a match with the toilet. So you know who (and it wasn't me) convinces them to teardown a display that they have and swap out the sink tops.

This is what we ended up with. Now that I'm taking the picture I realize the bathroom is the size of an rv powder room. Yikes!


1 comment:

  1. Nice job guys! It looks great and you will be happy with it until you sell. I am actively trying to keep Norma out of Home Depot as it always cost me a bundle to go in there.

    ReplyDelete