Saturday, March 9, 2019

Oh The Mysteries Of Life - Traveling to South America

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I have a long layover here in Panama, about five hours.   I wondered the giant duty-free malls they have in the airport but that only lasted half an hour.   I'm not a shopper.  

Food is very expensive here at the airport and although I have been here more times than I can count over the last 25 years, I never knew there was a food court upstairs.   Who even knew there was an upstairs?  I happened to walk right into aa aluminated advertisement and it said Carl's Jr.  Where?   I kept watching the ad and it said it was on level 300.  There are no signs for any food court, level 300, or an upstairs.   I found it though.   I was better off not eating anything until my flight leaves at 3:30 p.m.

Another mystery.  There are masses of human beings wandering around the airport waiting for flights and shopping.   I think in all of the Americas we drive on the right.  You'd never know that here.   People walking in all directions even diagonally.   What a mess but it seems to work.  When someone stops in front of me to talk, I just stand in the conversation until the turn and look at me.  I get the strangest looks but it's fun when I ask them if I can pass.

I will be in Ecuador until the 20th of the month and then head home and plan our Spring break trip which looks like it might be West Texas.   

Only three hours to go!  Tomorrow is a rest day and I have found two museums I'd like to visit. 

2 comments:

  1. Chris, yes, I find that to be true in our living everyday with cell phones. When Beach and I were attending a funeral at Arlington National Cemetery, we arrived in Alexandria, VA the night before the service and took the Metro over to Pentagon Mall for a quick bite to eat. The place was packed, and we had to make a reservation to eat (can you believe it) at a Johnny Rockets. So we strolled up and down the mall, and people walking toward us (on the wrong side and talking on a cell phone) seemed to look right through us as if we were not there. But I've heard that this is the approach which pickpockets use in this particular mall in order to bump into you to relieve you of at least one of your possessions, so I'm the one who generally moves out of the way.

    ReplyDelete