Tuesday, July 30, 2019

After The Party - The AirBnb - Food

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com



Now, most of the family has left.  I saw my oldest brother off yesterday at the airport.  He looks great and he'll be 80 in a few months.  Does lots of volunteer work on a farm that raises food for homeless and charitable organizations, is part of the German Kolping society where he participates in all their events.  He lost his wife last year but has such zest for life.    My brother Bill and his wife Kathy left for their home in Maui.   My oldest sister Dorothy leaves this morning.  They drove from Reno.  We went by their hotel last night for a chat.   They will stop somewhere, location unknown, on their way home for a few days. Now it's just one of my nephews and his family and MIL.  We will go visit again today.  



We missed dinner last night with family.  We stopped by but they had already taken off.  We had seen a pizza place called "The Flying Pizza Pie" and they had a sign for a habanero chile pepper pizza.  Wow!  My head was buzzing for an hour afterward.  That thing was mighty powerful but oh so good.  We watched a Twilight Zone on Netflix.   Netflix varies from country to country.   We don't get Twilight Zone at home.  It was a fun evening sharing comments about family and who's who and other guests, also wondering what my SIL will do now although it has been almost a year since my brother went away.  I need to stop being so emotional :) 






The AirBnb has been like a real vacation.  There is a real estate office upstairs and a hair salon so at night there is no one and it is super quiet.  Double-paned windows make it even more so.  Here are a few shots.  This beats any hotel any day.

Today we head down to the center of town for a walk and then back to my SILs house.  We may check out some thrift stores and I am always looking for reading glasses at the Dollar Tree.  I have about 12 new pairs at home but I am looking for reading sunglasses now.  

6 comments:

  1. Nice to spend the time with family , that Pizza sounds amazing and the BNB sure looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like everything went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you drank with that pizza! ;) Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a glass of ice water to wash down a good pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jajajajaja! It's what I would have chosen too! :)

      Delete