Saturday, March 21, 2020

You Know The Saying - Here I Sit Broken Hearted

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Here I sit broken-hearted, tried to rv but never got started!

Actually, while all of this is going on we are having the kitchen remodeled and they just finished the tile work today and installed the first of several new windows.

Monday the new countertop comes and the new appliances may take another week.  I ordered everything online not knowing what stores will be open or closed. Funny, I haven't purchased a kitchen appliance in over 20 years and didn't realize how hard it is to find "white" ranges and refrigerators, but I did.  In that regard, life has become a lot easier shopping online.  I saved quite a bit by doing so. 

I've spent much of the days in the rv because I'm not good at hammers banging on concrete walls.  I'm working on my abstract for a conference in October but the initial submission is due on the 28th of this month.  I guess you could say I'm driveway camping and that works for me.  Hopefully, we will get out of here next week at least for a few days.

Cleaning out the cabinets was a nightmare.  I give them a good superficial dusting once every couple of months but taking everything out I knew I was going to find some not so good things.  Time to put things out to pasture and I did.  I set five small appliances that are either broken or worn out in front of the trash can.  Two hours later I went to close the gates and they were gone.  Good and good riddance.  

We watch PBS on YouTube and there is little to nothing about the Covid-19 in  Mexico or Central and South America although the cases are multiplying.  In Canada, the U.S., and Mexico, all three presidents are back peddling and changing their stories from one day to the next and I don't attribute that to the situation but rather lack of planning and in some cases out and out lying.  

The Mexican president is the worst.  This last week he said he wasn't worried about the virus and that he would continue to travel on commercial airlines for official business (putting at risk the general public as a president and a possible carrier of the virus).  He continues to travel to promote himself as if he were campaigning, kissing and hugging women and babies.  His last trick came the other day when he said he carries his protection with him.  He took out his wallet and pulled out two amulets.

Trump isn't any better going from "this is a hoax" to now we have to get serious.  The three stooges from North America are all alike.  

As you may have heard, Mexico and Mexicans are still slow to take this seriously and it has gone from open events down to group events of 5000 or less.  Although last week there was a concert in Mexico City where 43,000 attended and 27 showed signs of the virus.  Around our parts in the countryside, it's business as usual even though the mayor did close the waterfalls, the lake and most of the tourist attractions.  Guess what?  They are still letting people into the lake with a huge weekend and evening parties.   When you have a large population of uneducated people this is likely to happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment