Saturday, May 30, 2020

A Great Find - Reading A Part Of Tioga and George's Blog

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


I posted a comment the other day on George's blog.  I posted it on the final blog post made by his friend telling us about George's passing.  There have been 228 comments sitting there for months so mine would have been 229.  The purpose of my post was to see if anyone is reading or maintaining the blog.  George had said that if anything were to happen to him, the blog would cease to exist about six months after.

I went to check this morning as I had forgotten about posting the comment.  I had also mentioned in my comment that it would be great if there were a way to preserve his blog and his information.  I also included my email.  I guess I won't get an answer.

The interesting part is that for some odd reason, I decided to start reading the blog in the month of March 2013.  As I read, I stumbled across the post in the picture above where he says he discovered Hacienda Contreras from reading Bill and Carol, Kevin and Ruth and LivingboondockingMexico.  That was a surprise that I just happen to check that month with just a few posts ahead of it when I started to read.  

I was hooked for most of the afternoon.  As I read you could see the number of posts begin to diminish.  I knew I had chosen a point, be it subconscious or not, where his accident would soon happen.  After the accident and before he leaves for his apartment I stopped reading. 

What a wonderful life and what an inspiring blog.  It had me planning and thinking about where we are going to go in the near future when things open up.  In the next couple of weeks, our state is supposed to begin opening and we should be able to travel freely.  

It was a fun afternoon and it brought back memories of his adventures and I did remember most of the sequence.  He has left a legacy for online blogging and Mexico boondocking.  I realize that people have boondocked in Mexico for decades but not along with online blogging as it didn't exist.  

Thanks George.

5 comments:

  1. Back in 2013 was when we also met our friend Renate who was at Hacienda Contreras when George showed up there. We were just speaking to Renate the other day and George's name came up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really miss George. Whenever you are George...we miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joan. I was surprised when I started reading his blog on Saturday. It's a real story and truly enjoyed it. I wish we could find a way to preserve it. Saludos.

      Delete
  3. It would be great to preserve George's blog. Tioga George is the reason I full-time RV today. I read every post and followed him to the very end. He had a great story to share and he captured my imagination of what was possible. He was fearless in his travels and he shared everything of himself in his writing. I looked forward to reading his blog everyday. George you are missed. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The final post, I believe, was posted by Josephine, his daughter who lives in Santa Cruz. His former wife I think lives in Orange County.

    ReplyDelete