Friday, July 9, 2021

And I Thought I Was Being Helpful

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

It happened again.  Being the kind and helpful person I am, I have been F----- again by the same blogger to whom I  thought I was giving good ex-pat advice.

A blogger posted about home construction and mentioned the fact that an ultimatum was in order for the builder.

I posted on the blogger's Youtube video the following comment that was later deleted by the YouTube owner:

"Giving an ultimatum is the beginning of the end.  Patience, kind words, and willingness to negotiate are in order".

I had had problems with this blogger in the past but never thought some friendly advice after all these years would be taken as "stalking". 

I don't think the person realizes how much damage can be done by calling someone a "stalker".  Very hurtful to say the least.   Negative energy is not needed in my happy life.

I'll leave it at that and move on.

6 comments:

  1. It really does make you wonder, doesn't it Chris, where people are coming from? Any type of negativity in the world is not needed and there really seems to be a lot lately. I know everyone is tired with COVID but since we are coming out of it, albiet slowly, you would think people would have much happier attitudes. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point Nancy. So much on edge that people see things in a negative light. Wanting to help and giving advice doesn't always mean it will be taken well. That's okay! One bad apple . . .

      Delete
  2. Their loss. For years you have given great advice to a lot of folks, especially us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, count yourself lucky--you might have been one of the contractors with "a lot of skin in the game." Can you imagine having to deal with that until the project was over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This person doesn't want any advice is my take....As I said to you before your help was much appreciated when we needed help...Don't take this to heart...

    ReplyDelete