Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Pics of Our New Housesit - Relieving Pain

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I haven't blogged as I don't want to bore people with everyday activities.  You can only do so much in one town although we keep going every day.  I'm not the type to sit around the house all day.  It's got to start with some exercise which I have been doing until today when we started with a gym.  The gym is nice and has a special promotion of 2 X 1.  It's cheaper than at home and has all the equipment we normally use plus 20 treadmills, ellipticals, yoga, and jazz classes.  I have to admit, I enjoy my speed walking through the town for an hour and a half and might just do that in the evenings as well.  Juan has had issues with his knees and that limits his walking.

Here are some pics of our current housesit and I will post more later.  We have the upstairs although we have access and use the whole hose.  There are two cats and lots of plants to take care of so that keeps us busy at home.


Every room has a gas log fireplace. 
 The terrace has a view of the Jardin.  We had drinks up there last night.  It was great!

Preparing to close up the house at home, I decided to clean out the gutters on the palapa.  Well, I did a good job until the end.  The ladder wasn't set just right and my shoe got caught on one of the rungs.  Off I went, 10 feet down hitting my head and my back on the column of the palapa.  I landed on my right hip and the palms of my hands.  I messed up my shoulder.  I went to the chiropractor before leaving town and it did wonders although I needed to follow up.  You know me, I didn't follow up.  Today, I went for a deep-tissue massage and it helped immensely.  Who can turn down an hour of massage for 250 pesos.  I have another next Tuesday.  I have to lay off of weight lifting using my arms for a week or two but I can still do cardio and lots of leg.

The weather has been the best.  Warm days and very cool nights.  In fact, we put the electric blanket on the other night.  That thing is like a drug and as I have said before, it uses next to nothing in electricity and works great off of solar and battery

The last few days we have been to a museum, the Sunday and Tuesday market, a hike around the botanical gardens, folkloric dance, and a nice dinner out.  With some almond curry we bought, I made a great spicy curry peanut chicken sauce over angel hair pasta.  I may do a couple of breads in the next few days.

Have to say though, I'd rather be parked behind some truck stop out in the desert in the middle of Coahuila with the rv.  That's life! 

5 comments:

  1. You are so lucky you didn't kill yourself in that fall! No breakage..so your bones must be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I am reminded daily, "hierba mala nunca muere". A bad seed never dies :) :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to read about your fall. It will take some time but you will get back to normal. Meanwhile be kind to your body and let it heal. Looks like a lovely house sit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyday activities aren't necessarily boring. Unless YOU'RE bored doing them, then they might be. But readers might find them interesting even when you don't. So don't hold back.

    ReplyDelete