Monday, July 1, 2024

I Thought It Was A Goner

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com2

Great friends celebrating Rodolfo and Minerva's 30 years together.





We've had four days without rain.  It's started again.  We had a leak in the roof ridge.  It would begin dripping and follow the ridge through the hallway for about six feet.  Nothing we could do while it was raining.  

Thursday Juan went to the hardware store for materials to attempt the job ourselves.  While there he saw a guy loading a few cement bags into his truck.  He had a decent truck and was a decent-looking guy.  Juan approached him about the roof.  The "handyman" arrived at the house two hours later.  He removed the ridge tiles, laid the cement, and placed the tiles.  We have had rain every day since and some pretty hard ones with winds.  No leak.  Nothing was damaged but it was the stress of having a roof leak.


I mentioned that the Honda generator after having it repaired on two occasions.  It never ran right.  We really needed it during the hurricane but it would start and sputter.  No way would it power anything.  I pass this house on my exercise route and he advertises small engine repair.  What the heck.  One more try.  He had it for two days.  



Yesterday, Saturday, we went to a renewal of vows for friends who have been married for 30 years.  It was a very nice church wedding or renewal and a fantastic party afterward.  I am so glad they didn't have it at night.  I don't function well if I stay up after 11 p.m. at the latest.  The repairman called and said we could stop by after the party.  When we got there he showed he set up the generator and fired it up.  He had a vacuum nearby and I asked if I could plug it in.  Worked like a charm on normal and eco-mode.  I let it idle for a few minutes and was satisfied. He took apart the carburetor and cleaned it, a new spark plug, and fiddled with the idle switch, and an oil change.  600 pesos and a three-month guarantee.  I'm happy.

Later today I will hook up the RV to the generator and see how it does.  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't read your heading right and read I, for it! Glad you, and the generator are okay😁

    ReplyDelete