Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Dallas Bound

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Took off this morning at 6 a.m. heading for McAllen.  I had a flight at 12:30 and wanted to do a little shopping beforehand.  I came across some beautiful sunrise pictures.



I pulled up to the bridge in Reynosa at 9:15 and the wait was about 15 minutes.  I was waved through without any questions.  They checked the trunk and that was about it.   I headed for Walmart, HEB and then looked for the long term parking at MFE.   No issues, walked right on the plane.  I got there as they were boarding.  I hate getting there hours early.  I've never been refused as long as I don't have any bags to check.  They checked them at the plane anyway and it saved me the $25.

Picked up my rental and headed for the office to pick up books and materials and then off to Kaufman, Tx.  I spent an hour in traffic going through Dallas.  Way too spread out for me.  Bumper to bumper the whole time.   



I finish at 3 p.m. tomorrow and then head for the airport.   Late night flight to Corpus where I will get another rental, teach on Thursday and then drive the rental back to McAllen where I pick up my VW and head home.  

3 comments:

  1. Dallas traffic is to be avoided if at all possible, as in Houston's. Get down to Daley Plaza if you can and explore the conspiracy theories. Always good for a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh.....nice new header picture of your rolling home!! Thanks for sharing - again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! I probably need to change it more often. We have so many pics from our adventures in Mexico!

      Delete