Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Made It To CC

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

 Slept in this morning not getting up until 7 a.m.  I picked up a head cold that has had me down the last couple of days but I keep going.    I had some errands to run this morning before heading out on the road.   First stop was the credit union which I once thought was way out on the north side of McAllen.  The city has grown around it and it took me about 20 minutes from the hotel.   I needed copies of bank statements to file taxes in the U.S.  They obliged and I was on my way to the storage facility where we keep our books and materials for seminars.   I loaded up and headed off to the barber shop in La Feria.  I had called earlier in the morning but no answer.   Once on the highway I gave her a call and she said she was on the way out to lunch and couldn't see me until after 5 p.m.  I explained who I was and that I was passing through on my way to Corpus.  She didn't budge so I have written that witch off my list.  I have to say though, she gives one good haircut.   Too bad.  If you can't make an exception for someone who waited two additional weeks, drove four hours to get good service, well you just lost a customer.

I continued on to La Feria as I wanted to stop at the Kenwood Rv Park we have been staying.  I am having some mail sent there that I need to pick up on Thursday.   Lo and behold, there was a crafts sale going on at the community center.   I ran into all kinds of people who were happy to see me as much as I was to see them.   I saw Leo and Donna, Robert and Dan, Dorothy, Lorraine, it was really great.   As Donna said, the people there are great and you just can't stay away.  A small community where people really seem to hit it off.  

Off I went to Corpus listening to Patsy Cline, not feeling well and sleepy, I wasn't sure I was going to make it.   But I did and it turns out the office staff in Wisconsin did a good job of finding me a hotel.   I am at a Comfort Suites and it is really nice.  I want for nothing and it includes a hot breakfast in the morning.   I am having a drink right now sitting on the sofa in my sitting area watching Bill O, same s--- different day and I have been using the internet.  As always, I took a pic of my room but I left the cable in my car and I just won't go back down to get it.

I got an email from Kevin.  He says Wendy has been looking for me since they are in Corpus and I am too.   I sent her an email to see if we can have coffee tomorrow before I head back to McAllen to spend the night.

I have to report that I feel better after taking a nap.  Not so foggy, the throat no longer is scratchy and the moco has stopped running.   Tomorrow will be a great day and I will be glad I am here.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're getting some weird spam too. That aside... I'm always amazed at how well you have it together to move back and forth (between countries) and still keep track. Hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better Chris! Derek and Cassia are down with head colds also!

    ReplyDelete