Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Dog Rescue - Cell Phone Pics - Short Commentary

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Short Commentary

Blogging and YouTubing have become big business.  Each and every click counts.  Over the last six weeks, I have watched Rv'ers come and go from the botanical gardens.  Some are in caravans and others by themselves.  Several have their blog or YouTube name or address on the side of their rigs.

I have checked a couple only to find out that they "have just discovered a new find",  the best boondocking spot in San Miguel de Allende.  I beg your pardon.  We have been boondocking since 2001 and I surely can't lay claim to any boondocking site.  That said, there was a boondocker from California that sent me a message last year asking where the botanical garden was and where they could park.  I sent them the information and lo and behold, a month later I read their blog and the same thing, "Wow, did we ever find an unknown boondocking spot".

Give credit where credit is due.  I'm not looking for anyone to praise me or thank me but I believe it is a courtesy from one blogger or YouTuber to another.  The reason people don't mention another blog is that they will lose those precious clicks.  I don't do my blog for money as I don't think it is interesting to know that today I swept the porch and did my laundry.  That said, others provide good information but none the less, blogging isn't what it used to be.  I have always given credit as well as provide a link to another blogger's website.  One last thing, even though the land does not belong to the botanical garden, be a good neighbor and buy a membership as a group or at least visit and pay the measly 50 peso entrance fee.  We always offer to pay wherever we stay if it is next to a business, restaurant, wherever.  



Last Friday, I was driving down the libramiento from Dolores towards La Comer.  There in the middle of the highway I saw what I thought was a dead dog.  As I drove by, it lifted its head.  Cars were driving over it and I turned around as quickly as possible.  I grabbed the dog and put her in the car.  She was in complete shock.  To make a long story short, many pesos later, she had x-rays which showed two minor fractures; one in the hip and one in the last vertebra.  She is now walking a bit and out of the vet.  I found a temporary home that was willing to take her in.  She is a real keeper and I know would give lots of love but we can't have any more pets.  It was worth it though.  You can't just let that happen, if you do, you also have little respect for life in general.

I haven't been posting much because I couldn't figure out how to download pictures from my new 900 peso cell phone.  I went back today and they showed me what I was doing wrong.  Something new to learn every day and now I will be posting more of what is going on around town.  Juan comes back Friday morning and we will be celebrating Christmas and taking some day trips to other towns nearby.  Too much gringo for me, I need a break!

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a true "rescue" dog! Thanks for doing that Chris. You're a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Chris (both about blogging and about the rescue). She looks like a little charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet looking dog. Thank you for saving her life. You did good that day.

    ReplyDelete