Thursday, August 4, 2011

Living In A Small Town


First off, I want to congratulate Tioga and George on his blog.  Today George hit 6,000,000 visitors to his blog.

Just a few minutes ago, a guy came to pick up an ID that his worker left last week.  He had come to take a bulldozer that was here on the land.  We didn't know the guy so we asked several questions and made him leave his ID.  On Tuesday of this week, another guy came to cut the grass.  I gave him the third degree because I didn't know him.  Living in a big city I guess has affected my trust of people in general.  Makes me feel bad.  People here are good people, innocent to some of the things in the big city.  They all know each other, their families and share their daily lives.   When the guy finished cutting grass I explained to him why I had been so indifferent and he said he could tell I was not very trusting of him.  I apologized and we shook hands.   I feel like a heel but at the same time, with all that has been going on I have to admit I have become distrusting of others.

I woke up this morning and after watching the news and drinking a delicious cup of VIPs coffee we bought in Sahuayo, I realized it hadn't rained here for three days.  We had had lots of sunshine and warm weather.  As I got into the car to go to the gym, the rain began.  So much for that theory.

I finished my editing project yesterday.  We will be going to Mazamitla to have it sent via courier to Mexico City.  There is a Chinese restaurant along the highway there and I am hoping we can try it out.

After that, if the rain continues, it will be downtime with a movie or a book. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that you have become untrusting, it's more a case of you being responsible for someone else's home and property. I would say you are just being very cautious.

    ReplyDelete