Friday, September 14, 2012

Off To McAllen

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Just  like the horse races, we're off!  We are going to McAllen for a couple of days to check on the rv, do some training for my seminar, and enjoy Mexican Independence.  Strange as it may seem, all up and down the Rio Grande Valley towns will be celebrating the Mexican holiday.  We have friends from Monterrey, some of whom can't return to Mexico for obvious reasons and we thought it would be nice to visit them and take care of business at the same time.  

I want to buy some chocks that go between the tires on our tandem axles to see if it will reduce the shaking as we walk about.  It drives me nuts.   The Camping World in Mission, Tx closed down this year so I won't be able to buy them there.  I guess CW knows something we don't know like maybe the snowbirds aren't returning like they used to.  Hmmm.  I do know we got a very good price for our rv spot, one that usually runs $450 a month in the winter is on special for $250.   That seems like a lot for us but I can deduct that as an expense on my taxes since I will be working there for October and November.

Not sure yet, but we may take the libre.   It is raining this morning so it might make for a nice ride stopping somewhere along the way to eat tacos in some pueblito.   These last two days have seen some real changes in the news and it looks like shit is going to hit the fan.   I promised we would stay low until the new president takes office, but what the heck.  A little adventure is good for the soul.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't think the wheel chocks would do anything. I would think the shaking would be in the springs. I assume on a trailer like yours you have jacks that screw down on the four corners to keep it stable, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might try Don Hoover RV supplies in Donna.... big place, lots of stuff. Safe Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have friends that use a jack on either side of their 5th wheel to keep it stable. Seems to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete