Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Saltillo - Visiting The Pie Lady

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Taking off around 9:30 to see the Pie Lady in Saltillo. Great weather today so I should get some good shots. The new autopista is under construction and I haven't seen the work for a while so I'll check it out.

No pie though, salad instead!

I arrived to Saltillo at 11:15. The directions the Pie Lady gave me were right on. She lives with her husband just south of the city in a quiet neighborhood near La Nogalera (pecan grove). Her dog Jack also met me and we sat around for a while on the patio having a latte. Beth has a beautiful home and I really like the openness as well as the design.

Later we took the dogs for a walk in the pecan grove. I forgot to add that Beth takes care of a neighbor's dog, Lola. Lola is a baby Labrador and they went crazy on the walk. They romped around the fields, jumped it to puddles, waddled in the mud, chased sticks and each other. They make a great pair.


After the walk, Beth showed me their Class C rv. It is really nice. I think it is a 24ft model and has all the amenities. I hope to convince them to take a trip soon.

We got back to the house and had to give the "kids" a bath. They had mud, water, weeds, and a little cow poo on them. A bit stinky but a good time had by all.

I took some pics on the way home. The autopista is coming along and should be finished by Spring 2010.

Also, this is an emergency ramp for big rigs as they come off of the mountains. There are several. I got this shot and saw another coming up but thought one shot was enough. Guess what? A truck had just lost its brakes minutes before and took the ramp. It was sunk in the gravel pit and the driver making a call on his cellular phone.


If you happen to be staying in the Monterrey/Saltillo area, the best time to take the scenic drive is on the night of a full moon. Amazing! We have taken many people to Saltillo for dinner to eat at El Tapanco, and then a drive back at night under the light of the moon.

1 comment:

  1. Did you take the new Durango? How much work has been done on the Autopista?
    Geoff.

    ReplyDelete