Monday, March 16, 2009

A Day At The Beach


living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Took the morning to sleep in until 6:45. Got up and did my exercise. Took a long walk around the rv park here at Club Naples. I did a complete inspection of all the rigs here. Nothing old, nothing new and nothing out of the ordinary. I did see one Hi-Lo 28ft Towlite.

There are quite a few park models set up at the end of the park and many are pretty cool. Each has their own special touch, design, yard animals and flowers. Everyone here is very friendly and it is easy to strike up a conversation. I really haven't spent much time here at the park and that really wasn't the idea. Brother Bob has really been a great host and has taken me out showing me the sights of Naples. Last night we went out for dinner in Old Naples. Looks like tourism is down. Many restaurants were empty, unfortunately. I hope it picks up soon.

Today we took off for the beach. We headed out about 10 a.m. First I stopped by the office to see about staying two more days. So I will be taking off on Wednesday. Bob and Barb want me to stay longer. I know I could but I still have some things to take care of in San Antonio before heading home. Plus, it will take me a couple of days to get there. We will be back though.

The beach was pretty packed. We got there early but the sunbirds were already there. Lots of youngsters playing in the sand, older couples under their umbrellas, eating lunch, reading. We took a couple of walks, talked a lot and I did some reading too.


Tonight Barbara is fixing a roast with mashed potatoes. So I am off for happy hour. Bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like a nice beach there in Naples!!! Too bad I am not there to enjoy it too.

    Were ou guys hitting on somebody at the beach? And Chris is that a new swimmsuit? You guys looked GREAT!!!

    C O N G R A T U L A T U T I O N S !!!

    I can´t wait to be there next time to have a good time too. Enjoy your dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize you are taking a trip. I just read your past posts and it definitely beats our 3 day trip with our funfinder. I have a short description on my blog.
    Judy - Funfinder X189 FBS. We do love our slide out.

    ReplyDelete