Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Before My Sister Spills The Beans

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

What can I say about a funeral. The truth is, it was quite a celebration and the whole town showed up. Some touching moments were when all the cars couldn't fit into the cemetary for the burial. Also, a family that worked for my BIL were giving paying their respects at the church and talking to my sister. They had their three kids in tow and as they turned around to walk to the back of the church, the smallest, about 3 years old, yelled out "bye Ceci, bye Galen". Oh the innocence of youth. Isn't it wonderful.
As for spilling the beans. My sister Dorothy and I were returning to Kansas City from Chilicothe on Monday. We did some things around my sister's house before we left. It had been a long weekend and we were both tired. I wanted a coffee and she was thirsty so we decided to drive halfway and then stop.
We found a McDonald's and I pulled off on the exit. I have to tell you I haven't been to a drive-thru in years. We were pulling in as we discussed what drink we would order. I rolled down the window and started to give my order to a McDonald's trash can. We both cracked up laughing (which we really needed) and as sharp as a tack I turned to my sister and said, "Oh Magoo, you've done it again"!
Some pictures to come in the next few days of my journey to Kansas City. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Laughter is great medicine. We had many laughs at my brother's funeral in June. All our best wishes Chris!

    ReplyDelete