Monday, January 11, 2010

This Hotel Is A Trip

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

It must be 5C outside and the room was ice cold. I was thinking how I was going to get warm. I asked the front desk if they had portable heaters and the answer was a big no. I was getting desperate as the sun was going down. I walked down the street to the Chedraui and came across a small space heater on sale for 225 pesos down from 345. Wow, what deal. I brought it back to my room and bingo, my feet are warm and I am snuggled in my bed having a cocktail. Let's hope I don't burn down the house.

I found out what was wrong with the food in the restaurant. It is all vegetarian and made out of soy. Sorry, but I have had good soy and bad soy products and these are awful. A bus load of French arrived about two hours ago. They aren't very happy either. So now I have everything fixed and made just like home. Good thing I brought the coffeemaker. BTW, this place charges 968 pesos a night. What a rip.

I found a gym down the street that charges 150 a week. I start there tomorrow at 6 a.m.

1 comment:

  1. It is all that Mexican blood in you Mi Amigo! When we lived up near the Alaska border, 5 degrees was considered balmy!

    You should have taken your electric blanket...

    ReplyDelete