Monday, April 12, 2010

A Couple of Things

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

First off, the rain has come and it is wonderful. It started yesterday and continues, not a heavy rain but one that hits the ground softly, cools down the air and makes it great for sleeping with the windows open. We lost power this morning but right after that we heard sirens so I assume some one hit a power pole. By the time I got home from the gym power was back. I was in the middle of my Judge Judy show that starts at 5 a.m. when it happened. What a downer that was. Good thing is, all JJ shows are available on YouTube.

I went to the Cardiologist on Friday for the results of my 24 hour blood pressure monitor. I have peaks when I wake up in the morning and from my naps. I started my medication on Friday to stop the peaks which he says are caused by adrenaline rushes. I feel a difference already when I wake up.

Regarding the registration of Mexican cell phones: no one has lost service yet, but the weekend was a mad rush to register in person, via cell phones and the internet. Millions more have been registered since Friday.

So we are off for San Antonio in the next couple of days and I will be working like a dog getting the house rented. Not a big deal, I already have some firm leads. One is a neighbor who lives in front who wants a place for her daughter and another is a Mexican friend's cousin who is working and studying in San Antonio.

One nice thing is we will get to hook up with our San Antonio friends who we have known for years.

Yesterday we went to Blanca's house. Blanca is Juan's sister and we bought her a kitchen cabinets for her new "little" house. Her kids are all grown now and it is just her husband and one of her seven kids. Since it was Sunday, everyone came by and we drove from house to house visiting relatives.

Great nieces and nephews. The girl on the far right, Valeria, never smiled. She additional teeth in her mouth and very crooked teeth. After removing the extra teeth and putting on braces her whole attitude and appearance has changed. She is getting ready for her quinciƱera next year.


These photos are just one side of the kitchen, the other side was still under installation.




I have been lining up rvs to look at while in San Antonio. I would like to come home with a new one. We already bought our tickets to go to Cincinnati for my brother's 70 birthday in June but if we have an rv we can drive there and use the tickets some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment