Wednesday, July 21, 2010

You Just Never Know

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

You just never know who you might run into. Today I had a meeting at the university. I'm doing a satellite transmission to 20 campuses next week. On the way into town I decided to stop and wash the SUV. However, rain clouds were forming and I thought it would be a waste of time. After all, who do I have to impress. Everyone knows I live on the ranch anyway.

So I had time to stop for lunch at Toks. I walked in and asked for a table for one. As I sat down to peruse the menu, I could see someone approaching me. I turned my head to see my good friend Mirtha from ParĂ¡s, NL. She is a retired teacher and the town's cronista or historian.

We hugged, laughed and chatted for a bit. She is a wonderful woman who has always treated me as a good friend and I appreciate that. Here we are in a photo that doesn't show my best side.



I had lunch and went to my meeting at TEC in the CEDES building that overlooks the southside of the city. Nice view overlooking the campus and the background of Cerro de la Silla (Saddle Back Mountain).

No comments:

Post a Comment