Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lisa, This Is For You!

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


My niece Lisa was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago.  I shaved my head today to show support and solidarity for her as she goes through the changes brought about by chemotherapy. 

I am a proud uncle of many, many nieces and nephews but have lived most of my adult life here in Mexico.   So I haven't really been around much for them and haven't done much for them either. 

I hope this is a sign that I care about Lisa and all my nieces and nephews.  I love them all as if they were my own kids.  I know others in my family will follow suit once they see my post.   I also know that Lisa will get through this just fine.  I have lots of faith and prayers for her and her family.  

Lisa has a large support group within her family, two brothers and sisters (Mike and Anna) who love her very much.  She has a wonderful husband (David) and two beautiful children.   She is a good mother and wife and has been a good daughter to my brother Bob and his wife Barbara.

Get well soon Lisa!  We all love you very much.   Soon this will be a part of the past and things will be back to normal.  I'm sorry you have to go through this and if I could I would carry the burden for you.  As your Grandma Bauer used to tell me when I was a kid, "If I could, I'd make it all go away".   Lots of hugs and kisses.

5 comments:

  1. Blessings and warm good wishes to LISA!!!!!!

    Way to go Chris!!!! You are the man!!!!

    Cheers Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, we have not met you in person as yet, but we have shared many emails. We just want to say that we sincerely appreciate your effort to support Lisa. We wish her strength and determination during her journey! GO LISA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, we lived in Mexico for two years and traveled around from US in MX for two winters. Working now in the US, Las Vegas. San Antonio on Lago De Chapala? Sure do miss the Mexican life. Herb and Cindy Boo Too

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very caring of you Sir. My Prayers to her.

    Respect

    ReplyDelete