Monday, September 17, 2012

Back Home Again

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

 Dinner with friends Saturday night.

Over the next two months get used to me going back and forth to McAllen.  I had a meeting this morning and off we headed back home for Monterrey.  We opted to wait to buy gas after we crossed the border.  Again, every station accepts credit cards so we only needed cash for the toll.  We decided to take the cuota back home to save time.   I had some things to do here at home to get ready for the rest of the week.  The drive was uneventful and we saw many federales cruising the highway.  Traffic at home wasn't bad at all since today was a school holiday for Independence Day!

Next week I will head to San Antonio to see a seminar live and two days later I will be giving my first seminar to 175 American students.  My first ever.  I've done it for 20 years with Mexican teachers and students but this is a whole different ball game.

So, I will be going back and forth, probably every two weeks just coming home to Monterrey on weekends. 

We're seriously considering December at Hacienda Contreras in Valle de Juarez with Sal and Barb.    There is a group that heads there every winter and we always miss out.  They have a wild Christmas party with a big dinner.   I want to be there.  Also, Kevin and Ruth should be around, we're hoping, and we can do some hiking and enjoy a great curry dish made by Ruth and hear their European adventures.   We want to go to Europe next year (hence the part-time work).

2 comments:

  1. Hope you guys make it this Christmas. We would love to have you here, and it does look like a good group again. Some of our kids will be here too, spending their Christmas with us old folks and hiking to the top of the Picacho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Christmas at Hacienda Contreras. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete