Sunday, July 14, 2013

Folklore Fest in Dolores Hidalgo

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com
 
Saturday started out as a lazy day.  I didn't feel to good in the morning.  I don't know if it was something I ate or what so I had been up since before dawn and decided to nap a bit in the late morning.   We watched a movie called "Identity Theft", piddled around on the internet and then decided to go to the opening of the folklore dance festival in Dolores Hidalgo.  Great highways here and we zipped out there in no time.   

First order of business was to find the local market and have lunch.  And we did!   I had enchiladas and man were they good.  Sorry, I got carried away and ate them before I could take a picture.   Trust me, they were good.   

After, they had the opening ceremony in the main plaza.   While that was happening I grabbed a rose petal ice cream on a cone and then grabbed a seat to watch the show.   The stage was set in front of the cathedral below.






Dancers representing my home state of Nuevo Leon




Dancers from the state of Coahuila.  Many people don't realize that borders don't separate tribes.  Many tribes share the border between the U.S. and Mexico and travel back and forth.

We stayed until 8:30 before heading home.   It was a wonderful day and I'm sure we will be heading back to Dolores Hidalgo soon.   We still haven't gotten together with Les or visited the hot springs at La Gruta.  Too much to do.  Tonight we are having dinner with Kay and Rosa at Pueblo Viejo. 

1 comment:

  1. We didn't spend much time in Dolores Hidalgo when we were there but what we saw and what I have read about it makes me want to go back and spend more time there. Glad you had such a great day.

    Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete