Sunday, October 27, 2013

Back To The Border

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Today is Sunday and I have been us since 5:30 a.m. but now it is 4:30 in Mexico.  Daylight Savings Time went into effect this morning.   I'm enjoying my morning coffee, my favorite cat is on my lap and I just finished reading the Rv.Travel.com newsletter.  I can't get into the Rv.Net, I'm receiving a 500 Internal Server Error.  

I made a huge mistake by not working out since I got home on Tuesday.   I did get four days of workout in before that though.  I feel like a lump of you know what; excess water, too much food, and general malaise.  Heading to McAllen in a bit to see if I can be a six-week salesman and I will go to the gym this afternoon.   The good thing is that McAllen is close and I will be driving back and forth every week.  I don't have to but it would be nice to be here getting things ready for winter.



The opening of the new Baularte bridge that goes to Mazatlan is really beckoning.  I have checked the route and we are waiting for confirmation on the cost.   The first week the bridge was free but tolls will be charged this week.  Nothing official as of yet but it would be fun to experience Mazatlan from an rving experience instead of all the trips we have made over the years for work and conventions.

Let's see if I can sell a course or two and if I can it will cover the cost of many rv trips in the coming year!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we did the "espina del diablo" route in early 2008 with the motorhome before they built the toll road. Now, the old route may actually be the better way to go because there will be so much less traffic on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, The Devil's Backbone! A friend once told me, never go to any place with the word "Devil" in it. Lost the brakes going downhill---very interesting getting stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We missed that.heard more swear words from hubby in a couple of days I think we could fill a page.....topes everywhere.....Gees I won't tell u here....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be waiting for your arrival with open arms:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a Motorhome will cost 1000 pesos and a car 506 pesos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mexical Fella I love it Chris. I get that Canadian lady or sometimes worse. but I just laugh it off. Come up to Canada and the prairies and see how friendly we are. Thats why I call it home even though I don't spend much time here. Cheers

    ReplyDelete