Friday, February 15, 2019

The Day's Fly - Lots Going On!

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

The bulldozer parked in front of the house.  Yep, I met with the mayor two weeks ago and he promised to do something.  It's level for now.  It needs more gravel and there is another analysis for paving the road.  Each administration ends and a new one starts over.  That's life.  I appeared in a video with the mayor when I went to meet him.  I didn't even know it.  A school principal sent me a message showing the video.  That was a surprise.



The trees are already in bloom and the weather is, as we say in Spanish, Febrero Loco!  (crazy February).  

Today we are heading to McAllen just because we feel like getting away.  I have earned lots of hotel and air points over the last couple of years and I want to take advantage of them.  Hotels reservations are tricky though.  I booked a two-room suite at Drury Suites in McAllen which is well-located for all the things we want to do.   After I made the reservation with their great internet rate, I started seeing a promo discount for an additional 15%.   I called the hotel to see if they would give me the discount or I needed to cancel and rebook.  Rebook and cancel the original reservation.   I attempted to do it only to find out that the promo rate applies to the rack rate, not the internet rate.   The difference was only three dollars so I left it as is.  

The next weeks are pretty busy.   I have my trip to Ecuador and also a possible trip to the Dominican Republic.   I'm waiting to see if they accept my proposal.   I haven't been there for years.  We both worked there for three years off and on.  A great country, good food, and wonderful people.  There are enough miles to go to Europe this summer but not sure when or where.  We are planning a weekend getaway but that's still in the works and a surprise party for some friends of ours who will be moving to the U.S. for a six-year work project.  Their kids are not very excited about leaving their school and friends but they will adjust and also come back bilingual.  

The weather this weekend in Monterrey - 38C.  Then next week it will get cold again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment