Monday, June 24, 2019

Back Home - Where To Now?

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

As I had said, we were going to drive without stopping.   Well, we stopped many times along the way.  Friday afternoon I had the worst attack of food poisoning ever.  I don't know where it came from, what I ate or what I drank.   I almost gave in to stop and spend the night in Matehuala.  Taking turns driving we made it in less than 11 hours.  I haven't driven that much in over 40 years.  Today is Monday and it's early in the morning and I feel fine.  I thought it would never pass.  Update:  Looks like it could have been a flu virus going around.  Many people have or had the same symptoms in the last two weeks.

When I woke up it was already 30C inside the house.  We slept with the A/C on and will continue to do so at night.  The water in the pool is warm now and we aren't even in the month of July.  

We leave for Tequila on Thursday morning coming back Saturday afternoon.  I have things to do to the trailer should we decide to sell it.  

We are looking for a van now and getting estimates on importation as an option. I doubt I want to do a conversion in this heat.  We have three more trips before the end of July and we are looking forward to SMA sleeping in cool air not to mention very elegant accommodations. 

I've talked about what I want to do with the rest of my life.  I'm not really sure but I've had such a wonderful life and it has been relatively easy though it has taken lots of hard work and like any human being with its ups and downs.  I watched a couple of videos about the life of Gloria Vanderbilt and her son Anderson Cooper from CNN and they were both born with gold (not silver) spoons in their mouths but they too have/had tough times.  No life is perfect except in the fact that you have one.  

I feel I need to do something humanitarian.  I never had kids although I've always wanted some.  They never had to be my own because I've never believed in that.  Any child can be your child.  Giving someone an opportunity, sharing your knowledge, giving a hand to those who have less and sharing with them things that will improve their lives.  My dream has always been to help those that I see on a daily basis everywhere I've been, be it in Mexico, the U.S. or Central/South America who suffer from maladies such as a badly repaired cleft palate, a lazy eye, dental problems that keep young men and women from building their self-esteem and character.  It doesn't cost a lot, I'm not looking for fame, but give someone that hand they need to move past those difficulties that society sees as a detriment.   If I'm lucky I may have another 25 years on the planet and want to leave knowing I wasn't being selfish.  I've seen that in so many retired rvers over the years.  They just pass the rest of their life sitting on their laurels and some even say, "to heck with everyone else, I've earned it and I deserve it".   Human beings weren't made that way unless it is an illusion and as the famous Mexican song says, "la vida no vale nada".  (Life has no worth).  Let's hope not.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sweetie.... we need to talk. Read about helping kids, and it aligns with so many of my dreams. Can't wait to see you two. Not long now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said Chris and it gives a person pause for thought for sure. After all, what are we if not here to help others in some way. We can't always do huge things but like you said to leave knowing we weren't selfish. Thanks for giving me pause to consider as sit in my comfy apartment in White Rock, surrounded by all the creature comforts.

    ReplyDelete