Tuesday, June 18, 2019

I Really Wanted It - He Wouldn't Budge

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


We just took a drive into town to take a couple of pictures before we go on Saturday.  One more round of the place and there it was.   This old Class B has been turned into an ice cream truck.  The only change was that the furniture and appliances were removed and he installed a freezer.  The original rv lights and wiring are still intact and the space for the water heater is accessible but I don't know if the heater is still there.  

It's in excellent condition and I asked the guy if he would be willing to sell it and he refused.  I even offered to negotiate a price but he wasn´t interested.  A real jewel in the rough.

I have been studying diligently on how to do a conversion.   There are a few high top vans around Monterrey but I want the extended version like the one above (Dodge) or the Ford Econoline extended version.  When we get home I need to see how much a fiberglass top would be and the installation.  

I bet he would have taken $1500.  A very nice guy and I even stopped by a second time but no go.

4 comments:

  1. I'm assuming you are talking $1,500 USD... at that price, you would have got a great deal! However, you should be able to buy something like that in the U.S. fully set up for under $5,000, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin. You're right about the prices but the problem is we can only import a vehicle that is 10 years old. So this year it would be a 2009 and next year a 2010. Plus import taxes of 22%. I haven't found anything affordable that is 10 years old.

      Delete
  2. Could you give him your contact info in case he changes his mind? I can't believe how quickly your time has gone by. We will be home on Saturday as well, only it is going to take two full days to fly there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did that yesterday hoping he gives me a call sometime. :)

      Delete