Monday, August 5, 2019

It's Official - Where Is Danger? - Where To Go?

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

There are so many things to share and discuss and in most cases, people don`t like to touch the politics theme.  

It's official.  I applied for and will receive my first social security check in October.  Can't believe I am so old.  It was an experience.  You see, I am 15 to 18 years younger than my siblings.  I have always felt behind in things.  Most of them have been retired for 20 years or more and I have always felt a sense of inadequateness.   I finally catch up with them now, but you can't stop the clock and the time that has passed has passed.

The online application was easy.  They will call you in two weeks or send you a letter.  I was surprised to see that they will call me on my cell phone in Mexico to verify the information.  I also discovered that they will consider my taxes paid on my Mexican income which I included in my U.S. taxes (by law), so it may be to my advantage and increase my benefits.

Someone posted on a famous rving in Mexico Facebook page that the current situation in the U.S. doesn't compare to that of Mexico and that Mexico is safer.   Well, I'm calling bullshit on that and I also would like to shout out to the woman who called me out.  She said that I keep repeating the same thing over and over.  I don't even know the woman but I did comment that I lived it, I saw it, and there is a video on YouTube about it.  She didn't like that but I will continue to repeat the message because apparently people don't watch the video and don't like to face reality.  I have also stated over the years that the most popular states visited by rvers just happen to be the most dangerous.  Throw caution to the wind. 

My 62 birthday is around the corner and I am being asked where I want to go.  Anywhere that I can find cool air.  Alaska sounds good but it has been over 90F there for the last month.  I associate Alaska with cold, ice and snow.  I now have my sights on a cruise from Mazatlan to Los Angeles hoping to get a cool breeze.  Let's see what happens.  I am open to ideas.

An interesting side note related to the heat.  We came home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon at 6 p.m.   A family member is recovering from a peptic ulcer.  We saw a dead bird in the front yard.  As we approached, two more birds fell out of trees.  Still alive, we turned on the sprinklers and they came back to life.  That, my friends, is how hot it is here.

4 comments:

  1. I don't see birds around our home lately...been hot and no rain. My grass is brown and parts of my trees are starting to turn brown. I try to conserve water by not watering grass but my trees I water every so often but they need a lot of water and my water bill shows it. Even though my trees are desert hardy trees, they are suffering. I don't leave water out because it attracts mosquitoes so the birds and other critters suffer. We have a park across the street and they water every morning so I rely on it to give moisture to other critters. Poor birds, I'm glad you had the heart to turn on sprinklers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Congrats on your retirement. I've been retired since 2008, the minute I was able to retire, I applied. It took me several years to adjust to retirement but loving it now. Go to Australia and visit the southern part to get cool. I read Kevin and Ruth staying close to coast to keep warm cuz inner areas are too cold to camp.

      Delete
  2. What?! When is your birthday?? The perfect choice would be to spend it in San Miguel! I would adore helping you celebrate. Lovely temps here! Downright cold of a morning - I've been thinking of having a fire. A designated room would be set up and you know the rest! For as long as you want. Think about it!

    And you will LOVE being retired! Jubilado is such a perfect and lovely word for it!

    ReplyDelete