Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thanksgiving Dinner San Miguel de Allende 2019

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Like all good holiday events, Thanksgiving came and went with a bang.  We decided quite a while ago to have Thanksgiving at Barbara's house.  She has a beautiful home that is filled with very positive energy that you can feel walking in.  You're always at home there so it made the celebration even better.  We all have lots to be thankful for and this isn't the only day to be thankful.   This morning (Saturday), I went for my brisk walk and I was just happy.  The town has grown but it still won't change what is here.  No trash, no horn honking and there seems to be quite a bit of order.  We can walk everywhere and today I did a walk to the Jardin.  It's nice here, and I really think we would be happy living here, at least part-time.

This is Barbara's living room.  Such a beautiful place.  

You would think by the picture I was the chef in charge.  Hardly!  I did make the dressing, mashed potatoes, and gravy and I have to admit they were pretty good.  The dressing was especially delicious because we used fresh herbs from the garden.  Barb did the turkey, whiskey glazed carrots and Juan made his delicious green bean cassarole.

When I was a kid I used to watch Graham Kerr on his "Galloping Gourmet" cooking show.  He always had a glass of wine on the counter.   Now I know why.  Wine is good for you!

They were not cooking, just horsing around and making me take pictures.

They insisted that I serve myself first, so I did what I was told!  This was a really enjoyable dinner and the food was excellent.  A beautiful turkey with everything else you could want.

This is Pea.  Her first owner passed away.  That's when she was adopted.  A good girl.

We've been given charge of these two good lookers.  Rufus is on the left and the right is Adie.  Adie is a charm.  She's on top of me all the time.  They both miss their mom.

I guess like all of us, we have good memories of family gatherings and some of you still have them.  My family is very spread out and they all have their own kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids.  I have good memories though of Thanksgivings past and it seems like yesterday.  We're hoping for a family reunion in Cincinnati this next year with everyone.  I sure miss them all and look forward to seeing them.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great meal! That is a great shot with Barbara and Juan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why advertising which you appropriate search earlier than submitting. It'll be effortless to write down excellent write-up like that. Kauai Whale Watching Tours

    ReplyDelete