Friday, February 5, 2021

Tioga and George, Two Years After - Vaccine Registration

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com
Funny how friends, friendships even virtual ones can affect a person.  Two years ago today, it was announced on George's blog that he had passed away.  228 comments were written on that post before comments were closed just two days later.  I bet George never would have thought that his blog would attract so many followers.  

I read something on his blog at least twice a week as if the blog was still active.  I choose different topics or check a specific date that corresponds to the day I am reading his blog but in different years.  there are 16 years to choose from, 2003 to 2019.

I still use his MsTioga Magazine.  When I am looking for a product that I remember he mentioned, I can usually find it in his glossary.  Just this week I wanted to recommend an electronic contact spray to someone who had refrigerator computer board issues.  It is great for reviving contacts as well as keeping battery posts clean.  We have a Mexican version that I use but since the person was in the states I thought it would be better to recommend what George used.  Sure enough, I found it in the glossary with a short write up page and a story he tells about using it.  Give credit where credit is due.  I remember buying our rv and storing it in McAllen.  An old story but it was George's boondocking stories that really struck my interest.  Good memories George, and thanks for sharing so much of your wonderful vagabond life with us.   

I mean, how many people had a Datastorm satellite and solar panels on their rv rooftops in 2003?  Maybe a lot and I was just a newbie who knew nothing about it.  But it sparked my interest and got us boondocking with solar.

Here is his first post from May of 2003:


Also, on February 3, 1910, and February 5, 1911, my parents were born.  Married in 1939, they were together 58 years.  They passed away in 1997.  Hard to imagine that they were born 110 years ago.  That's life.

Mexico's vaccine registration webpage is finally up and running.  It is still hobbling a bit, but we did get in after two hours of constant attempts and we are now registered.  There are no more vaccines in Mexico, but they will be calling us to set the date and location when they do receive them.  Should our state come through first, or the option to buy directly that will be fine with me.  Just covering all our bases.  This has been another black mark on the president.  Things are not well-planned, thrown together and this is the result.  Imagine, a webpage that requires your government ID number and telephone, and they couldn't get that right.  It was down for over a week after it was announced. 

2 comments:

  1. I came to George's blog late. Not an RVer, but became interested because of the congenial and knowledgeable person he seemed to be....with good photos too. And because of him, I bought my little WeberQ grill which has made me happy. As an old woman, I can lift it!! And with a little 3lb propane tank (not the disposable or refillable cannisters) it suits me well. (I may not have that propane number right; my eyes tend to glaze over, but it's not the usual size which causes me to refuse to tote it more than 5'.) You never know how much pleasure you might bring to others. I suspect he didn't. But the number of comments after his death is telling.
    Well, hang in there and best wishes.....and thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug and I had the pleasure to meet George in 2013(?)at Hacienda Contreras with Barb, Sal, Kevin & Ruth. What a character and what a good visit with lots of laughs that was! He truly was a pioneer.

    ReplyDelete