Saturday, December 25, 2021

This Is What Happened Next And . . . Christmas Day

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

GoFundMe:  The donations were cut short by an error on my part.  I opened the GoFundMePage from Mexico but using my U.S. address and the glitch began and GFM wouldn't let me withdraw funds or make changes.  Once I discovered the error I didn't post it on social media.  Thus, only a couple donations were made and the funds could not be withdrawn because of my error with countries.  The funds will automatically be refunded to the donors after December 28th.  In the end, "M" was helped by us, friends, and family, and the issue was resolved.  

I took this in the morning, Christmas Day, at 10:30 a.m.  

I haven't posted since we arrived in Matehuala because we've been busy running around.  We left Matehuala Tuesday morning around 8:30 a.m.  A late start for us but we had some difficulty leaving the Oasis Hotel.  The paisanos (Mexicans living in the U.S. who visit at Christmas) with their loaded pickup trucks and cargo trailers, decided to box us in.  They wanted to park near the hotel office so the guard could keep an eye on things.  After they left there was still one more.  We couldn't wait any longer and he was parked directly in front of us bumper to bumper.  Juan went to the office and they hunted the guy down. He was very nice and apparently had been up for hours.  

Off we went.  Well, almost.  I had a small accident that I had been wishing for many years.   As we left I didn't wait for my guide and as I pulled out of the gate I smacked the rear awning arm.  There it was, dangling in my side mirror.  I've hated that thing from day one.  It's always in the way and like most travel trailers, no matter what you do, the slightest breeze will cause it to rattle and bang the side of the trailer just enough to keep you from sleeping or napping.  We wired it up and headed down the road.

We had the Glamping park set as our place to keep the trailer but one call the Hotel San Ramon changed that.  That gave us a very good storage rate and parking on the concrete area.  It worked out perfectly and is just five minutes from our house.  Well, just about everything in SMA is five minutes from our house.  We asked one of the workers if he could remove the awning.  He lowered his price after I told him he could keep the awning.  Good riddance!  I first smacked that awning backing the trailer into the driveway 12 years ago and several times since then.  Free at last!

I've done some painting and hanging of temporary curtains, some paint removal from the bathroom tile,  The patio wall was heavily stained around the top from water so I bought a liter of basic white, which matched, and covered it all up for now.  Looks good to me!  


We went to the Parroquia last night for the Christmas celebration.  We participated in the traditional posada ushering in Mary, Joseph, and the baby.  We walked from our house.  Walking at a normal speed with conversation took us 20 minutes from the house.  Good exercise.  People weren't out in droves but more than enough to make it festive.  




We will be celebrating the 40th wedding anniversary of our friends Michael and Carol on Wednesday with a lunch out.  Thursday Barbara wants to have happy hour in the trailer so we will spend the night in the RV park and then head home on Friday.  It's been a busy week but we got a lot done.  Still, no refrigerator although we have come close.  White is just not in fashion.  The ice chest has worked out well and we are making most of our meals at home although a quesadilla in passing is always a good thing.  

Last night on the way home I felt my phone vibrating.  I missed the call and decided to wait until we got home.  I called back and was so excited.  It was Peter and Linda from Canada.  They live in Ajijic and we met them eight years ago in Valle de Juarez.  We talked for quite a bit catching up on what we are all doing.  She said she decided to start calling friends she hadn't seen or heard from in a while.  Made me very happy. 

We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and stays safe.  Even though I am enjoying my time here I look forward to taking the trailer to Guadalcazar next week and boondocking somewhere. 

2 comments: