Friday, July 8, 2022

Maybe Now We Can Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Program

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

What a crazy six weeks it has been. Things are returning to normal and school vacation started today.  Juan is out of the woods and returning to his normal healthy self.  He looks great and says he feels great but I still keep an eye on him.  That was too much for me!

My immigration case was settled on the 4th.  I had my appointment and had everything in order when I arrived.  As luck would have it, I had the same wiener that I had last time.  He wasn't happy to see me.  I stood at the counter looking down at him and he just continued to type away and glance up at me occasionally.  No exchange of words and I didn't mention a thing about the issue.  The process was moving smoothly and he took my old card, created a file folder and put my documents and card inside.  I assumed I was getting my new card.  He went back and forth with the supervisor several times although I couldn't see him.  The agent wasn't very happy and kept sighing.

After about thirty minutes I saw the supervisor look around the corner and he saw me.  A friend from years and work past and he still remembers me.  I had my pictures taken, the new card printed and it contains my original registration number.   What a relief!  I'm good until I'm 90 at least.  

I was able to finish a 10-year project.  If you've been to the house and often wondered why we had that giant opening in our living room wall it was for a good reason.  We divided the living room into two rooms one that became the studio.  The mini-split was in the back of the open area above the studio but we needed to move it and also close up the wall.  We could never get anyone to commit to doing it.  It wasn't a very big job.  We call them trabajitos and people want big jobs.  Sheet rockers are pretty common here but getting one to do a small job is next to impossible.

I caught one, literally, driving down our road with a couple of sheets in the back of his pickup.  He was going to a new neighbor's quinta.  Obviously, he was from Monterrey.  I had him fix the living room, do a closet ceiling, and the interior ceiling of the palapa that had a small leak which he fixed before closing it up.  

Here are the before and after:



We are leaving on Sunday or Monday for the house in SMA!  Finally!  Maybe two weeks or more.  When we get home I apply for my Mexican SS and should have my first check the first week of September.  Juan submitted his paperwork as well and we are waiting for a resolution.  This is a beautiful country with beautiful people but very backward at times.  That's the life I chose and it's turned out to be a pretty good one.

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you good luck on the paperwork and bureaucracy. It's your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats you two, your ducks are all lined up!🦆🦆🦆

    ReplyDelete