Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Monterrey to Barra Del Tordo, Tamps

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Finally got on the road Monday around 9:30 after stopping at the bank to pay bills and picking up some tacos. You can't head down a Mexican highway without some tacos.

The weather was cold and rainy. We left the house at 2C and arrived at Barra Del Tordo at 18C. Sunny skies and a beautiful beach.

We got lost for about 5 minutes as we always do. Follow the signs, don't follow your logic. Signs win out!

The roads were good and very light traffic all the way. One thing that has changed on this trip is a new law for Mexican taxpayers like me. To deduct my fuel expense, I now have to pay with a credit card or debit card and make sure it is noted on the invoice. So, as always, no problems paying with credit cards. Every station we have stopped at accepts CCs.

Got to the beach and took a short nap. Got up and had a snack of Mennonite cheese and hard sausage, and a cocktail. We watched the old version of Great Expectations. As tired as I was, we finished the whole movie.

Today we are in Aldama at a restaurant with great wi-fi. Updating the blog, checking emails and have a quick bite before heading out. The goal is the Trailer Park de Alba but we may not make it until tomorrow for the pot luck.



1 comment:

  1. I am happy to see you two have FINALLY got on your way! I also did not realize it was so cold in Monterrey. When we are sitting down here in the heat, we tend to forget that not everyone has the same weather.

    I have not had as good luck with Pemex that accept credit cards. In two winters, I have only found two. I don't always ask but every time I do ask I get told "No".

    Anyway, have fun in Veracruz!

    ReplyDelete