Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Law Nobody Wanted

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Interesting video about eight minutes long. A real eye opener that applies to today. I realize that there are repercusions but I believe those can be dealt with.  These are just a few examples and I am not saying I am for or against.  It does appear though that my hardcore beliefs on this issue are changing.  I hope you take the time to watch the video and read the articles.  I think we should attempt to look for solutions and just like the repeal of Prohibition we could also repeal any new decision. 

<><><>
Attached is a chart pulled from a 1936 issue of THE LITERARY DIGEST which reported on the U.S. urban homicide rate spanning the years 1926 through 1935.
1933 was the most slaughterous year in that study with 12,123 people murdered (being 9.6 per 1000,000 souls). The reader will also find that the murder rate began to climb during the economic depression (climbing from 8.8 in 1928) The years 1934 through 1936 saw a steady decline in urban homicide, more than likely as a result of the end of Prohibition.


Another interesting article is the Cato Paper, a look at Portugal's attempt to legalize drugs of all kinds and its success story:

Drugs in Portugal: Did Decriminalization Work?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article on Portugal. It mentions "drug cycles" and now, 2.5 years later, I'm curious about current rates of use, etc.

    It seems clear to me that our war on drugs has been a series of shots to our own feet. I don't see America being ready to decriminalize across the board, but marijuana would be a logical start.

    ReplyDelete