Saturday, November 5, 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes


I took the taxi from the hotel in Texcoco to the airport.  It was a fast 45 minutes.  I flew on the discount airline Interjet.  It was a new Airbus A-320.   Very nice flight and in an hour we were in Monterrey.   Took another taxi home and picked up the car before heading out to the university.

I was in heavy traffic coming back home because there was a football game at the university.   But let me tell you, it was the best feeling in the world to be in a place with over 1 million cars on the road and no one bothers you.  

The house is fine, our never ending pool leak was detected and fixed.  Amen to that.  I woke up early this morning, 4:30 and did some things around the house.   I went to the rv parts store in Monterrey and they were out of roof vents, they had one MaxAire vent cover and a screen replacement.   We will find some other solution until we cross the border in January.

I drove back down south to our land in Allende where the neighbors were having a meeting.   We had gates put up at the entrance, have hired a fulltime gardner and guard to watch the place, along with some other security measures.   These are not related to the current problems but to sticky fingers in the area that don't give us easily.  We recommended this four years ago but no one was interested.  Now that just about everyone has experienced some kind of theft or vandalism, they have all agreed to the changes.  Better later than never. 

I have a couple more errands to run and work on my weekly project tomorrow.   When I get back to Texcoco on Monday we will start our plan to take action against the transito officials that gave us trouble.   Once we are out of the Estado de Mexico, we will begin our plan to contact the chief of police and the head of transito and see that these guys are at reprimended even if it is only superficial to please a tourist.  We are researching the transit laws now, Juan picked up a rule book and we will go from there.

4 comments:

  1. It will be like banging your head against a brick wall, but at least it gives you something to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self satisfaction. Just knowing I did something, whether or not it makes a change. Dirty dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go get em Chris!!!Sorry i shall miss you i am crossing the Border Monday morning...will let you know about La Siesta I should be in SMA bythe 13th, be safe Les

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to agree with Croft, Edomex is a cesspool of corruption and I doubt there is anyone not involved. Still, good on you for going for them. It will take citizens not accepting the status quo to make any changes. You go!

    ReplyDelete