Friday, August 8, 2008

A Visit From Remax Mexico

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

This morning I have an appointment here at the house with the Remax real estate agent. He's coming at 10 a.m. to look at the house and talk about a possible contract to sell it. I won't go to the gym this morning but will be here getting things ready.
I checked with Federal Express this morning and it looks like the sensor for Patty will make it to Laredo today. If it does and I can confirm it, I will drive up to the border tomorrow and pick it up. It is being delivered to my mailbox at Mail Boxes Etc. Remember I have a Laredo address and they send down the mail the next day after arrival. This part however, would have to go through customs and that takes an additional 10 days. Also, they will charge me the import tax and the mailbox will charge me a percentage of the total value on the invoice.
This gives me an opportunity to cross the border and pick up some things. What those things are I don't know because we never really buy anything in the states unless it is rv related.
2005 Dodge Durango
Put down a deposit today on a 2005 Dodge Durango. I have been looking around for quite awhile for one with the Hemi engine. This would be a second vehicle meant for towing the Funfinder, thinking about upgrading that too by the end of the year to the Funfinder 210WBS. This one is at a dealer down the street from the old house in Monterrey. It is Sand color. Very nice with leather interior, in very good condition. I put down the deposit to hold the Durango until Monday to have it checked out by the dealer.
One thing I need to check is the tow capacity. On the door of the truck it says 6600 lbs. My understanding is that the tow capacity with the 5.7 liter Hemi is up to 8900 lbs. So I have this weekend to do the research and also ask the dealer when I go on Monday.
If anyone has any information on the tow capacity, please drop me an email.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, geoff here. When Sandy and I and the Dalmatians met up with you in April, the Jeep Grand Cherokee we were driving, (in the picture on your Blog) has a 5.7 liter Hemi. The tow capacity is 7200lbs in the book, and 6500 on the door. I'm pretty sure the Durango with the Hemi is 8800 lbs, one of our neighbors has one, I'll ask him in the morning. You should have no problem pulling the funfinder with the Durango.
    Geoff.

    ReplyDelete