Monday, March 15, 2010

This Is A Bummer

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

I've been in bed now for two days, well, almost. I have a bad head cold and crud in my chest. I went to the Family Day outing last weekend and out 0f the 50 people, half we kids under 15 and I am sure I got the bug from some unsuspecting rugrat. It was fun and this is the price I have to pay for not having kids. Too much hand shaking and kissing.

We did drive down to Allende this morning and out for breakfast. The 40ft travel trailer is still in good condition and we would like to use it during our Spring break. The three-sides of the lot have been fenced in and we are starting the front this week. I think we have decided on the fence columns we will use across the front including the electric gates.

This week I have to clean the trailer so that the carpets and furniture can be steam cleaned plus I need to get a new mattress. I don't like sleeping in someone else's bed, that's why we have an rv and I have spent way too much time over the years working out of town and sleeping in hotels. Doesn't matter to me if it is a five star resort or not, people are people and they do the same things wherever they go. (I call that monkey business, you know, the animal side of people that we don't like to discuss).

We have planned a space with a gate for the new rv so it has a place to sit while we are home and living in Allende. Next step is put the house up for sale and that will happen after vacation.

Sitting here in bed, I realize how worthless television is. I thought the idea behind cable tv was to eliminate commercials. Now there are commercials even on education channels such as History, Animal Planet, etc. On top of that, we have about 100 channels and at any given moment there doesn't seem to be anything of interest. I like news but our only provider out here in the woods only offers CNN International and it's rival channel Fox News. I watch Glenn Beck for about 30 minutes a week or until I can no longer hold my food down and then I go back to doing something else. I still say that if this were 1950 Beck, O'Reilly and Limbaugh would be tried for treason.

Sorry, I guess my cold is going to my head!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you - I LOVE YOUR BLOG - very interesting to read about lives outside the envelope.

    I totally agree with you about Beck, O'Reilly and Limbaugh - they are terrorists, working to destroy the United States and everything it is supposed to be!

    Rich

    ReplyDelete