Tuesday, November 19, 2013

What A Difference A Month Makes

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


It was just a few weeks ago that this view was wide open down to the end of the street.  Now the park is full and people are settling in.  There are almost 300 people signed up for the Thanksgiving Day dinner.  Last night I attended a potluck.  I had arrived, taken a short nap and headed out to the supermarket when I passed the activities director and her daughter with food in hand.  They said it was potluck night and I told them I had nothing to bring. They said not to worry about it but I passed on the offer.  Until!  Then on my way to the HEB I thought, well, buy something that will satisfy all.  I got a large pot of potato salad.  Turns out, the park is mostly folks from Quebec and they don't attend.  I can understand.  I see them with their small groups under their awnings with small tables, wine, glasses, candles, and food that I think I like better.  But the potluck was good and I met some nice folks.   I also suffered heartburn for the first time in over a year!

Today I visited five schools.  When I finished I contacted my coworker whose place I am taking only to find out she is going to back the week after next and I am no longer needed.   We'll see about that if you know what I mean.  I will head home on Thursday and then we will be back next week for a week of relax and Juan can do some shopping.  Back home for a week and then to South Padre Island before heading back tom Mexico and then all points south.  I really want to make it to San Miguel de Allende around the 10th of December but I doubt that will happen.

I mentioned our video chats via FaceBook.  If you have a web cam, ours are built into the laptop, this is even easier than Skype.  You just find the person on line, hit video chat and you're in business.  Here is what it looks like:



4 comments:

  1. Hey Chris!
    Wracked my brains for your blog and email and finally went through a ton of civil lists to find you...
    I'll be back in SMA on Dec 5. come see me when y'all get there.
    Con carino,
    Rosa y Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chris!
    Wracked my brains for your blog and email and finally went through a ton of civil lists to find you...
    I'll be back in SMA on Dec 5. come see me when y'all get there.
    Con carino,
    Rosa y Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know... potlucks are a mixed bag for me, too. Bill loves the variety of foods... I guess I'm too picky and want to know what's in it.... we go... end up having a good time. I'm guessing that's Juan in the Skype or whatever shot... but if so, He's a LOT better looking than that, so I'll hold out on my opinion. About Texas... we're now in Kentucky... will get to Glen Rose in the next few days, spend a few days with daughter there... then she'll take us to DFW where we'll fly to Costa Rica and stay for 3 months. Chris... I LONG for warm weather and sandy beaches! Can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do the odd potluck but prefer having just a few over here and there, better for conversation.

    ReplyDelete