Monday, November 4, 2013

Working In Laredo

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Took off at 6:30 this morning from the house.  I stopped for gas and then tried to make it through Monterrey before rush hour traffic.  It didn't happen.  I made it to the northside of town at 8:15.  That's where most people cut over on Hwy 40 heading to Saltillo and then south.  I got the Laredo bridge at 10:15 and got in line.  It was a short wait of 20 minutes.   The agents were nice, no issues and they let me go.  

I headed for the HEB to buy a phone card because I was out of time on my U.S. phone.  After, I went to the first school.  I made three visits today including one return visit.  The GPS did a good job and I was able to move around easily.  

Everyone has been nice and getting through the security levels wasn't as difficult as I had expected.  Some of the schools are in pretty run down areas of the city and the kids are, well we'll leave it at that.  There appears to be a lot of interest in the program and one school I visited was one of the first I presented at last year and they remembered me and were happy to see me.  I have an appointment with them tomorrow.

So far so good, I'm ready for my favorite beverage and some dinner.  After, I think I'll hang out and relax watching the news.  I got a call on my cell phone from the rv park manager.  She scared the s*** out of me.  I thought something had happened to the rv.  She is determined to sell us a park model and has a tenant who has their unit up for sale.   She wanted to know when I was going  back to McAllen and I told her maybe on Wednesday night depending on how much I get done here.

Juan made it safely to Mexico City where he too is visiting schools and will visit with friends of ours.  He heads to Queretaro by bus on Thursday morning.  He already arranged his trip for the convention and has a nice hotel so I know he is well taken care of.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're already in the swing of things on this project. We lived about 15 miles from Carrizo Springs and while I loved it, the economics seemed to be oil field or nothing.

    ReplyDelete