Monday, July 6, 2015

Sometimes We Have To Laugh At Ourselves

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Too much going on around here including a weekend filled with baptism, birthday and quinceñera parties.   We also have a ton of things to do here at home to get ready for two different trips.  Today is Monday and I am helping to pack clothes, get the trailer ready as well as cleaning, fixing, repairing, just about every little detail.  I hate leaving things behind.

One of the things on my list was to change a connector on an extension cord.   I replaced the connector a few years ago and now it's rusty and not functioning well.  I added that to my list.   Last week when I taught a course at a school in Monterrey I had a few minutes to kill and there was a Soriana in front of the school.   I went there to check out some school supplies as I had gotten a last minute idea for a team building activity.  As I walked the aisles, there it was hanging on an end cap.  You know how they disperse things not necessarily related to the aisle you on.   It was there before me and all I could think of was knocking one more thing off my list.  I grabbed that connector and walked proudly to the checkout.

Just a few minutes ago I was waiting for the laundry to finish.   My brother from Hawaii is calling me at noon so I wanted to be waiting.  I grabbed the extension cord and went to work.  Never ever dawned on me what I was doing.  I can say though, it was a job well done!  What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Too funny. I hope you didn't throw the other end away? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about the absent minded professor.

    ReplyDelete