Friday, July 24, 2015

Strolling Around San Miguel de Allende

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Coming home from the gym I had to stop to take a picture of the view from above.  The sky has been so clear thanks to daily rains.  I stopped for a fresh squeezed juice.  Today it was a carrot juice.  They are repairing the main streets that were affected over the last month because of rain so there are detours.


I can't believe the number of tourists this summer.  Even the locals are surprised.  More Americans than ever with their kids.  Some are summer camp kids who have come to Mexico to learn Spanish and culture.   Listened to lots of different languages besides English and Spanish.  I'd love to be able to do some research on who they are and where they come from and why those chose San Miguel de Allende.  The ex-pats flock to the Jardin and know each other by name.


One of the most photographed churches in Mexico, it was built in the late 17th century and then had a new facade created in 1880.  I don't know how many pics we have taken of the cathedral.


This is the house of Ignacio Allende which is next to the church in the plaza.  It is now a museum.  This is on my list for Monday.  


Had to have an ice cream cone while I was people watching.  Had a nice conversation with a woman from Cancun who is visiting with all of her family from different parts of Mexico.  They rented a couple of houses to share and will be here until Tuesday.

The weather is just amazing and I have said that on just about every post.  For those of you in the north it's no big deal.  But in the southwest it's just unbearable right now.  Not sure what my plans are from here.   They are wanting me to travel with the publisher starting in August and the school called me today looking for advice on some new hires.   I didn't think this would last long.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh to be so popular, choices, choices, choices. But the right choice is the one that you want to do.....for real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris in case you did not know they have a great 2 hour historical walking tour I think mon, wed and Fridays cheers les

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, the Ignacio Allende museum is free on Sundays.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete