Friday, April 29, 2011

In Recovery Mode

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com



We made it home safe and sound and it turned out to be a fun day yesterday.  After hanging around the airport in Culiacan for an hour I said, "that's it".  We hired a taxi and went to the movies.  The movie was "Battle of Los Angeles" and boy did it stink.  It had a great story line though;

A Marine Staff Sergeant who has just had his retirement approved goes back into the line of duty in order to assist a 2nd Lieutenant and his platoon as they fight to reclaim the city of Los Angeles from alien invaders.

It was pretty much korn.  Some of the acting was the worst I have ever seen but the writer had a good idea.  The movie was entertaining and it was nice and cold in the theater so that was the most important.  After we headed out for an ice cream.  We wanted one all week but either got side tracked or the ice cream shop in Loreto was closed.

Got back to the airport and boarded the flight to Monterrey.   As we landed Juan called the  parking service and they were out front waiting for us.  They delivered us to the car and off we went for home.  I realized I was driving to fast and back in my "Regio" mode.   I am going to make an effort to slow down and drive safely.

So that is the story of our trip to Loreto and now the goal is to get the rv on the road.  It is still up in the air on where we are going for the summer.  I attempted to do some searching on Couch Surfing but I must be doing something wrong.  I only get one hit from a family in PV.   I need to talk to Kevin and see if he can help me out.

3 comments:

  1. I take it everything was o.k. at home when you got there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil. Everything was fine here at home, the grass green and cut, the pool ready to take a dip. Things look good here. Went into town (Santiago) and it is business as usual. Talked to local folks who said quite a few tourists came last week. We keep fighting back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention, the last 3 paragraphs of your post were black on black, and impossible to read. Then it occured to me that if I highlighted them, the letters would be in reverse, and I was then able to read the paragraphs.
    Now I know how to make invisible writing on my computer!

    ReplyDelete