Saturday, April 9, 2011

Took A Drive Today

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Got up early this morning and read my mail.  That's when it dawned on me that I had checked up on our land at the Terlingua Ranch.  I sent off an email to my friend and neighbor Kathleen who now lives full time at the ranch.  She is two places down the road from us.  She lives in a travel trailer and has a container on her land that she remodeled and uses for an office.  She is going to walk down the road today and check on land and give us an answer.  The ranch has had its ups and downs over the years and now it seems to be back up.  Tne club house, rv park, showers, laundry, pool and restaurant are open and running.
After breakfast we decided to drive to Allende to check on our land.  Kevin and Ruth stayed there a couple of times.  The land is still there :) and a couple of neighbors have some construction going on.  The other day I said that the area was a hot bed.  Not far off.  From the house to there we passed several  military convoys and saw helicopters flying over the area.  For those that have seen the place, off of the main highway they are building an overpass.  Looks like our road which crosses the highway is being widened and extended to San Antonio (ejido up the road).  The street from the highway has been paved now for over a year and it is four lane with a well-manicured parkway with street lighting.  So there is some good news.

I need to start packing for my week long trip to Baja.  Monday will be a long day, working 8 to 5 with a group of over 225 teachers.  But I am looking forward to it.

I'm sure some of you have read the new warden's message from the consulate.  Not good news. 

As a side note and not related to us, I was reading the headlines in La Reforma on My Yahoo webpage.  As you scroll the cursor over the headline it gives you a tidbit of the news.  I saw one that read "balacera en nápoles" which is a colonia in mexico city, upscale area where my friend Andreina lives.  The cross streets were on the corner of her block.  I instantly sent her a message and she said she saw it happening as she was pulling in the driveway last night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment