Monday, April 18, 2011

Vacation Time

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Took me all weekend to recover from my trip.  I left Ensenada Friday afternoon at 3 p.m. on the bus to Tijuana.  From there I headed to Mexicali.  The bus pulled into the depot at 8 p.m. and I took a taxi to the airport.  I should have headed to the movies or dinner as the airport was closed until 11 p.m.  There are few flights in and out of Mexicali.  Everyone just kept pacing back and forth.  I used the internet but it was difficult as I left my glasses on the bus.  I hooked them onto the curtain track as I was reading and watching a movie.   So to see the internet I had to increase the text size, although that wasn't much help either.

The Aeromexico ticket counter opened at 10:30 and I checked in along with all the other 130 passengers.  The restaurant opened at 11 p.m. so I had a couple of arrachera tacos and a cold beer.  That filled my hunger gap as well as my wait time.  Finally at 12:30 a.m. we took off for Monterrey.   I got to the house after 6 a.m.   I felt like I had been walked on, put through the ringer and dead tired.  My taxi driver had just gotten his new Chrysler Charger and was afraid to take a bump.   I thought I would never get home.

Overall, it was a great week and I was completely relaxed.  I had a fun time with the teachers and most of all watching the scenery as I moved from town to town.  Can't wait to get back with the rv.  I came up with a three month trip plan but we need to discuss it.  July we head across the U.S. southwest to Calexico and then down the Baja in August heading across the bay on the ferry (if we can find the cheap commercial line) and using the month of September to visit Nayarit and Jalisco before heading home.

We are getting things ready here at home for our trip this week to Loreto.  I spoke with my brother and we talked about our arrival times, what things to bring, and the activities we want to do.  Sounds like we are going to enjoy the resort.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time on your business trip. Now with your trip to Loreto you will be able to really relax and enjoy. The Commerical ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan is the TMC Ferry, BTW.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kevin, I'm going to check out the ferry.

    ReplyDelete