Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trip Planning - Nuevo Leon

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

As I mentioned the other day, I need to get off my duff and start planning our route. I want to build some flexibility into but still have some idea of where we are off to. So today I got out the map and started checking roads, most of which I am familiar with, and checking the 51 municipios we are going to visit. I doubt we will be able to take the Funfinder into Monterrey. There are San Nicolás de los Garza, General Escobedo, San Pedro Garza García, Santiago, Guadalupe, Juárez, Santa Catarina, García. The smaller ones I think we can get through with the trailer but the biggies will need a permit to take the trailer to the main plaza and I don't think I have the energy to do it. These guys can be real dinks and even with the permit they are still going to stop us. Funny law, no trailers. A trailer is a trailer is a trailer. But if I had a motorhome nothing would be said as long as I leave the TOAD behind somewhere, or had a Class C. I won't win that battle. Still trying though.


So have you ever wondered where people work when they write blogs, or participate in forums and post nasty mean messages like I do? Well, here is where my work station is at home. It is in the spare bedroom. I crawl in here on weekends at 5 a.m. and on Sunday read my RvTravel.com newsletter. It comes on Saturday but I save it for Sunday morning coffee.

Rene the Electrician Comes to Visit

There's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm tired of paying my high electric bills. So I talked to Rene and we have decided to put in "my own" transformer. I already did the calculation with the CFE and I would save 110 dollars a month while almost doubling my usage. I will own the transformer and can sell it or take it with when we move. He is putting together an estimate and I will have to fill out an application for the CFE so they can approve it. All I have to say at this time is, "So there".

No comments:

Post a Comment