Friday, January 4, 2019

Saying Goodbye To Friends - Day Trip To Mazamitla

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

As Paula and Jerry got up on the highway, Paula screamed, "Hasta Luego".  I replied at the top of my lungs, thinking she wouldn't hear me, "What are you doing?".   She replied, "I'm riding in the truck".



We were up early with the cows so we could say our goodbyes to Paula, Jerry, Gail, and Bill.   They were ready to take off for Melaque and we received word later in the day that they made it there safely with a little scratch or two.  They will be missed but we too will be moving on tomorrow or Sunday for Lake Chapala.




The day before we said a short goodbye to Sue and Brian.  They headed down to the lake where we will join up with them for a few days.  It is a new park and we are looking forward to exploring it.   BTW, here at Victoria Rv Park, they charge 1800 a week for full hookups.  The only downside for some might be the lack of a pad but the ground is nice and level.  We are definitely rural here but with all the amenities.



So, after they left the big surprise came.  I had mentioned to Contessa that we were going to do an rv redo but it never took place.   One side of the rv was looking tired for some manufacturer structural problems and a very very minor leak that was fixed but left an ugly stain on the outside.   I wanted to paint it but at home, there were no takers.   Too far from the city, people around us don't like to work that much and one guy wanted 10,000 pesos to do one side.   Here in Valle de Juarez, many of our rving friends have had their rvs painted and/or touched up.  Jesse is the guy to go to.   He charged us much less and did the job in two days.   I am waiting for the decals from the factory when we get home.

While Jesse worked with the help of his wife, we took off for another day trip to Mazamitla.  We wanted to pick up a few things and take pictures.  The architecture is very different from some other places around here and reminds me a lot of Trujillo, Peru.   Also, I have come to realize that I should be writing a Mexican food blog as it seems all of our trips revolve around food and wine.


Here are two scrumptious gorditas.  One is mole dulce with pork and the other is chorizo with cheese.  I also had a leche con Nescafe (hot milk, no water, with Nescafe and sugar).  


Around the main plaza, Christmas and the holidays are still going stron.



Yep, that's me, how did you guess?  I love walking and people watching.

The central market in Mazamitla is very small.  On one side you find fresh meats and on the other, fresh fruits and vegetables.   I have been looking for some chicken livers.  I like them breaded like fried chicken.   I'm not a beer drinker but they go great with a cold one.  You've got to love Mexico not only for the prices but for the freshness of everything.  No wonder so many people here live so long not so many or no processed foods.

Happy hour last night was at our home time of after 5:30.   As much as we love getting together, 4 p.m. is way too early for us and we end up a bit slushy by bedtime.   We kept to our old minimum of two drinks and a light dinner and then a good video.  We watched the 25th-anniversary edition of Saturday Night Live.

And every morning brings a new sunrise.  What a great way to start the day!


4 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to our return to Valle de Juarez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kevin, only ours is a about 12 months away.It gives us something to dream about!! Thanks for the ride friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the paint job. I agree 4PM is way too early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting for that after pic of the new paint job. What are you doing?

    ReplyDelete