Saturday, April 4, 2020

It's Never Been So Quiet

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


I just love this new retirement thing.  I've never worked so hard.  One thing I don't like about homeownership is maintenance.  It has to be done be it by someone else or myself.  

Like most things, once I get started I can't stop.  Just like restaining the baseboards.  Then it became the window seats, the front door, bases of wood furniture and the list goes on.  With the yard the same thing.  I have to cut, then trim, then blow the cuttings, empty out the mower bag, clean it, and so on.

I guess that's good.  

No outdoor pictures.  It has been raining but I've decided that if there is rain tomorrow, I will put on a poncho and find a place in the hills to walk.  I can't sit around the house and I won't be coming in contact.  We're also going to the grocery tomorrow so I'm like, not sure I can sleep I'm so excited.  

It has been so quiet except for the birds.  The chachalacas really wake you up in the morning and then once you're awake they go away.  Nature's alarm clock.  Like everything else, it's really not up to us.


4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're keeping busy😊 I've been outside in the afternoon the last three days starting clean up in my ridiculously large garden. Working on the edges if the snow. Good for the body..good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris - Great to hear you are keeping busy. Hope you are both well and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I feel your pain and get excited to go grocery shopping which had been my most dreaded chores for most of my life before Covid-19. I've been pacing myself doing chores around the house. Right now on the second wall of painting the spare room. This is going on the second month painting. Yesterday, I painted the base boards. Today, I start on the wall. Got lots of things to do that I don't like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Darlings... and here I sit on the roof deck and pine for your company. Shoot. SO gorgeous, so expansive, so GLORIOUS, yet missing you. No, it's not up to us. And we KNOW we're in the top 5% in the world in terms of amenities ever, let alone during this hibernation. I just pray it's over soon, and you two can return and we can take up where we left off. Love, love, love you!

    ReplyDelete