Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Something I Never Posted About Rving

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Today I went to pay the electric bill.  We aren't receiving a government subsidy as we are still in Spring.  Next billing will have the summer subsidy.  Our bill for the last two months was 1028 pesos or $48 USD for the two months.  Usage was 548 kWh.

This was the line outside the building.  Most with masks waiting their turn.  I told you I went last week because I hadn't received the bill.  I commented to the clerk that people weren't wearing masks and there were 10 people inside when the sign said one person at a time.  Well, I guess something happened because now they are following the guidelines.


Before we started rving, we had been looking at motorhomes, travel trailers and the like.  We decided to rent a small motorhome in California.  A trip we will never forget.  We rented the Rialta below.  For us, the first time, it was a dream.  I had the trip all planned out.  We flew to Los Angeles where someone picked us up and drove us out to San Bernadino.  We had the walkthrough and off we went.  The first stop, of course, was a Walmart to pick up supplies.  We had packed as much as we could carry in our suitcases.  Back then it didn't matter.  

1997 Rialta road trip.


We rented for a week and the idea was to try it in all of the conditions.  We first went to Big Bear in the mountains.  Everything worked great, we had a blast with happy hour and walk through the woods.  Went to bed and the next morning there was snow on the ground.  The heater thermostat had been set by a previous renter so we woke up to a nice warm home.  It had a built-in generator as well which we really liked.  Then we went to the desert and camped out stopping by to see an old friend.  A very good friend I miss to this day.  We spent two nights there and then off to the beach.  We stayed at a resort in Newport Beach where we were put with small travel trailers and popups. They said we couldn't park with the big guys.  A trip to remember.

I really don't like looking at old pictures of me, too many memories and then I get a bit sad.  I guess I'll get in the pool with a drink, that might cheer me up.

4 comments:

  1. Some great memories in that old Rialta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We find ourselves doing quite a bit of reminiscing in these sad and trying times..bitter sweet! When I see pictures of "young me" I realize I'm actually in the "old" category. Strange days. You still look great and..you're fit!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't look any different except for the color of your clothes and your hair. I bet that you could easily look just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding? You're both gorgeous now and were both gorgeous then! XO

    ReplyDelete