Thursday, April 30, 2020

We've Got To Get Out

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

Juan power washing the pool deck while I took a break from mowing the lawn.


What a bummer of a day.  We try to make the best out of the situation and we always have fun working together, meals, happy hour, and watching something entertaining.  We had happy hour last night in the trailer.  It was nice, talking about all our trips and the ones we want to take in the near future.  One thing for sure, as the saying goes, you don't know what you have until you lose it.  

This was on Monday taken from the front yard.  We have some nice mountain views.

I took this on Tuesday on my exercise here on the road.

Today I woke up at 6 a.m. and ready for my walkathon.  A heavy mist was falling and I thought it wouldn't matter.  I started out and after finishing four laps had to come back to the house.  It was so heavy and I was getting soaked.  Now what?  I watched Dingus of Mexico on his morning conference.  Well, I should be wearing a turban and have a crystal ball.  I mentioned a few weeks ago that they were saying there was a rise in Atipic Pneumonia in Mexico.  I said it was really the Covid-19 and they were covering up numbers.  This morning, Dingus said they are now including the AP in with Covid-19.  Okay, so that means the numbers for Covid-19 are actually higher than previously reported.

He has lost so many supporters (sounds like the other two North American presidents) that he will no only hold a daily two-hour conference in the mornings, but also again at night.  He needs to convince his constituency (made up mostly of uneducated poor and indigenous people) that he is there for them and they need to continue to vote.  That may sound harsh, but very, very true.

As the morning progressed I had wanted to vacuum the pool, but by noon the rain was just coming to an end.  I ended up reading and watching a very good documentary on why Earthlings haven't made it to Mars.  The obvious answer is politics.  They started this project back in 1989, and here we are, still spending billions to fly in low Earth orbit.  Makes no sense.  One thing for sure, I won't be going to Mars unless it's in a small urn that is spewed out into space.   

I had a small bowl of chili for lunch and then a nap.  Juan had been at school social distancing while getting his pay stubs.  You have to show up in person every so many months to pick them up or they will stop direct deposit and you'll have to pick up your check every payday for life.  Silliness all the way around.

As I write this, it is now 6:52 p.m. and the sun is just starting to break.  I doubt I'll go out and vacuum the pool.  That's pretty much how the day went.

Maybe a surprise weekend, let's wait and see!

2 comments:

  1. Shame you can't make it up to the states. Next, we are heading for Kansas where things are still somewhat normal. The state parks are still open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear things are somewhat normal in Kansas, because they sure don't appear to be that way in the rest of the United States. Hope you guys are staying safe and healthy!

    ReplyDelete