Sunday, April 19, 2020

The Virus Won't Stop Us

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com


I've been behaving myself sticking to the rules.  I only go out for exercise on the road and have yet to encounter anyone.  But yesterday, enough was enough.  We had to do something.  So I pulled out the awning, set up for happy hour and we grilled a couple of very tasty steaks.  It was fun and the weather was nice.  Today however, it is 39C or 102F.  We may still go out there for a bit.  We are cooking dinner in the trailer so we don't heat up the house.  Everything is closed up and we limit our in and outs to keep it cool inside.  I'm sure we will turn on the A/C in the bedroom later to watch a movie.

More of the usual.  We don't use our awning ever.  I would say that in 10 years we have used it maybe five times.  It's windy wherever we go and the arms rattle on the trailer while you're napping.   Also, it can cause the trailer to rock in higher winds.  I always say I want to take it off.  When I rolled it out, it was practically stuck together.  Today I gave it a good washing with soap and bleach.  It looks better but it's time to either take it down or off completely.  

We're still waiting for the numbers to rise here.  We know that doctors and nurses have either contracted the virus or died from it so that is a good indication that the numbers are much higher than being reported.  They will be opening areas of the country in the next two weeks.  Monkey see monkey do.

I read the RvTravel newsletter both daily and on weekends.  This week Chuck said that Gary Bunzer who writes and vlogs about rving, has been in ICU.  Four weeks in the hospital so far.  I can't imagine the cost.  Juan's BIL has been hospitalized for three months now.  His kids pay for the insumos y curaciones (small disposable items, some minor pieces like the trachea insert and his diapers.  We offered to pay for the private nurse that keeps an eye on him during the day.  The kids take turns and each spends a night with him.  He's getting better but I we are not optimistic.  The good thing is that there is no charge for surgeries, room, meals and doctor/nurse care.  Can you imagine what that would cost in the U.S.?  Granted, it's not a private room and it's not the Hilton, but it's clean and seems to do the job.

I am very disappointed, highly upset, and almost jumped out the bedroom window!  We binged watched Making a Murderer.  The case of Steven Avery and his nephew Branden Dassey.  25 one-hour episodes.  We promised each other we wouldn't peek on the internet to see what the end result was and we weren't familiar with the case living here in Mexico.  I'll be damned we finished it today and the case has yet to be resolved.  I went berserk. Nuts.  Crazy.  

Until next time.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, we watched the whole Making a Murdered series when Penny and I visited my niece in Alberta last year. As far as I know, they are planning to finish the drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Tioga George removed his awning. When you are boondocking, most of the time it doesn't make any difference because you simply park where the angle of the sun means that you get shade on that side of the RV. We also do not use ours very often, and if I had to put any more money into it I would simply remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just about ever used our awning either. Slightest bit of wind and they start flapping..not good. Snow's almost gone and it almost got up to 20c yesterday..now rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys...If you want to clean your awning ...just go buy some tilex (mold and mildew) spray it on both sides ..Furl up the awning ..leave for a few hours. After it's unfurled it will require very little scrubbing and will look like new..as mine did.
    I too like to boondock but every once in a while you just have to use the awning. Stay safe and I hope we meet again one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Thanks, we'll try that. There are still some stubborn stains on it.

      Delete