Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Running Errands

living.boondockingmexico@yahoo.com

We decided to sleep in today and didn't make it to the gym until after 8 a.m.  I was still up with the cats though around 6 a.m.   I watched the sun come up.



You can tell it was a beginning to a lazy day.  We watched the news on the laptop for awhile and had coffee.  Even the cats didn't want to get out of bed.  That electric blanket works everytime.  It's like a drug.


 
The gym remains pretty much empty because of the holidays. Boy, wait until the second week of January and it will be packed with people making their New Year's resolutions.  I took a couple of shots of the gym in case you were wondering:



I decided to walk home from the gym for more exercise.  I know the big event is coming and if I can lose a pound or two it won't hurt so much afterwards.  OnceI got home, I hung the lights on the tree in front of our unit and then I drove up the road and ordered our Christmas turkey.   We are having a potluck on the 24th with tamales so I thought we would buy a fresh turkey.  I should have taken a picture of the victim beforehand but didn't take the camera.   I go to pick it up on Monday afternoon so who knows, we may pass by there this week still and I can get a shot of the bird in his last days.
 
I also went into Valle to check what La Cocinita was having for lunch.  We haven't eaten out yet in Valle since we got here.   The list is long and sounds delicious.   We will take off in a few minutes to eat.   I dropped by the glass place and ordered the acrylic for the storm door.  The guy is going to come out tomorrow around 10 a.m. and cut it so I can put it in place.  I need to pick up some velcro while we are out to lunch so I can install it when he is done.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris,
    Couldn't find your e-mail address so I thought I would just ask my question here. As you may remember we always enter and leave MX at the Los Indios crossing near Harlingen. But I've heard of several bad guy attacks on the road. We were thinking of taking the center route Arco Norte, Manteheula and Monterey bypass. We would be heading East after the border to Houston. Based on long border wait times as well as safety which crossing would you recommend, lots to choose from and I know you cross there a lot.

    ReplyDelete